Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Good

First I would like to say Politicians are stupid.

This part is specifically in regards to the constitutional amendment.

Everyone has their own agenda, and that of course comes first.

Why do we have to say "oooooh look what they're trying to do."
Why can't politicians, just say "hmm this looks good." Regardless of who first mentions it, and come together as a nation, and end the day with a win for as many as truely support the idea.
Let's face it, if something good happens, then both sides take the credit,
but if something bad happens, then "they did it."

Furthermore why can't bills and laws just be simple,
why do so many of our leaders have to "pad their bills"

I applaud the one Democrat who stood up for this amendment,
We could probably use more people like him in office.

The following are some short thoughts,
with links to slightly less short thoughts,

you may or may not notice a pattern,
but I think that each would be a far better use of your time, (and mine)
than anything I could possibly write.
ENJOY! (p.s. you may want to read this one in small portions at a time, I had no idea it would be this long!)

(for sources, see the links)

“If we are faithful in keeping the commandments of God His promises will be fulfilled to the very letter. … The trouble is, the adversary of men’s souls blinds their minds. He throws dust, so to speak, in their eyes, and they are blinded with the things of this world.”
Read this first (and then I will count you as home taught, just kidding).


The cultural tides in our world run strongly against commitments in family relationships. For example, divorce has been made legally easy, and childbearing has become unpopular. These pressures against commitments obviously serve the devil’s opposition to the Father’s plan for His children. That plan relies on covenants or commitments kept. Whatever draws us away from commitments weakens our capacity to participate in the plan.
This one just happens to be second.


I'm sorry,
I tried to find a really good quote for this but I couldn't,
Not that I didn't like almost every part of it, it's just that coming from me,
it might not sound right. I decided this one would probably work

"...each woman can prayerfully step out of her comfort zone and show interest in a manner consistent with her personality."
(but this article is not just about women), and I really don't think that is it's best quote.
Really funny, but really good. (maybe it's just funny to me)


"Many people think immodest dress relates only to an insufficiently covered body. But a tight fit is also immodest, even when the body is fully covered. This applies to men as well as women. Many do not realize that tight clothing draws attention to the anatomy, which distracts from the purpose of education, business, leadership, or worship."
Modesty Matters


This was another one that was harder to quote.
"There is nothing quite like sitting in an endowment session, looking across the aisle, and seeing your spouse, all in white, smiling at you."
I do think that would be very enjoyable.
Try our new long lasting version


"Marriage Is Essential to His Eternal Plan." Yes of course it is.

"The natures of male and female spirits complete and perfect each other, and therefore men and women are intended to progress together toward exaltation."


"By divine design, both a man and a woman are needed to bring children into mortality and to provide the best setting for the rearing and nurturing of children."
(I believe this is true, but not only for mortality)
Marriage Is Essential


"A Solemn Responsibility to Love and Care for Each Other."
I think that sums things up nicely.
Perry



"Our first responsibility is to our own family. Remember, they are one of the few blessings we get to take with us to the eternities!"

Isn't it about time? Again?



"A prominent American judge was asked what we, as citizens of the countries of the world, could do to reduce crime and disobedience to law and to bring peace and contentment into our lives and into our nations. He thoughtfully replied, 'I would suggest a return to the old-fashioned practice of family prayer.'"
Build on the rock, then stay there.



Slightly different, but definitely worth the read
(multiple times)
Click here



This first story has long been a favorite of mine. Though it is not exactly from the same place as the other stuff here, I still think it is very good.
yes, some of it may sound like it is not in harmony with some of the other stuff already quoted, but I assure you, it is.
The Beauty of Wax




Anyway I think some of this is funny (you know, my comments, and stuff)
But either way, I hope you enjoy it.

4 comments:

julie said...

I haven't had time to read the links, but I like the quotes, especially the one about how Satan is attacking families. It's true, unfortunate but true. I think it's important to realize it because then we can do something to protect our family relationships.

Anonymous said...

I like the wax story... it makes me ponder my own actions.

warnser said...

Julie thank you for being the first to comment on this entry,
I thought it was going to be lonely.
I'm glad you liked the quotes.

Sarah... you made it to the was story,
I'm really impressed.
I think that is indeed a very very nice part of this entry. Ok, so oddly, that's the part that I didn't read very carefully this time,
but if It's as good as I remember. I think it teaches some very interesting things.

julie said...

I liked the wax story, too, but my favorite part came later in the link. The mind was compared to a garden and if we don't plant good seeds then bad seeds fall into the ground. I think the verbs used are very indicitive of how it really happens. We have to work to grow something good and nothing to grow weeds.