Monday, May 04, 2009

Do I Have the Swine Flu?

Chances are you don't. This pandemic is likely to kill less people than... well anything,
but even if you did, I wouldn't know how to tell.

I've heard that people running a fever over 100 should check it out, but really, I think we're going to survive it... at least this time around.

But if you're interested in it, this map is decent.
Swine Flu

And While I may not be much help with things like the Swine flu,
I do know something about that other nasty virus
Conficker!!!

Yeah it's much more likely that you were infected by this one. Way more likely that you were infected... unless you own a mac, and then I'd probably faint if you were infected, afterall, Macs are naturally antiseptic. No seriously.

But regardless, conficker is out there, and you may already have won. The big questions are
1) How do you know?
and
2) What to do if you did get it?

So how do you know?
If it was me I would follow this link...
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/138448/conficker-eye-chart-how-it-works/
It's not perfect, but it's a nice place to start.
It will take you to a link that should show you six separate pictures.
If they all down load, then you probably don't have it.

If you do have it... then
try this link
CNET.com

Get well soon.
Ü

2 comments:

Cardine said...

Thanks for the link. I was meaning to check my computer to make sure it wasn't infected, but this was A LOT faster than the other way I was going to check.

And none of my computers were infected. Yippee!

tearese said...

We don't have it. I guess thats good, since I've never even heard of it.
We don't have swine flu either, as far as I know. But I was never worried about that to begin with.