Thursday, December 01, 2005

The prettiest girl ever

Now this could be another article about the girl I'm dating
(or not dating, see previous post), but it's not.
Ok and maybe this would apply, but this is a different subject all together.
And for once I am going to try to be funny without being mean.
So who is the prettiest girl ever? It's whoever she wants it to be.
Let me describe her.



Her eyes are radient - they seem to glow. They glow because they are interested. They glow because they are happy. They glow because they are healthy.


Her body is healthy. I'm not saying it's perfect, but then how would I even know if it was. and what is perfect. No just healthy. I really do believe that our health affects our happiness, and both affect our beauty.


But you know what I really love?
It's her smile. And the funny thing is, everybody has one.
Still nothing beats a good smile. I'm not talking about orthodontia. I don't care if you have professionally whitened teeth. I don't even care what brand of toothpaste you use, or where you squeeze the tube, sure I would probably prefer that you use some, but that goes back to healthy right?


Of course if you smoke, do meth, or drink coffee that will pretty much kill your smile.But lets assume you don't. What then makes your smile so nice?You do. ( I know I sound like that commercial for the partnership for a better something or other). It's beautiful becuase you use it.


Yep that's the other thing.

She smiles.
She smiles a lot.
She smiles at me. She smiles because of me,
but not only because of me.She smiles because she means it.
Shes happy. She's beautiful.

12 comments:

Cardine said...

That's good that where a person squeezes the toothpaste doesn't affect their beauty. That would be rough for them. One time someone gave me a toothpaste ... uh... squeezer, I guess. I don't know what to call it. It's nice because it helps you get the most out of your toothpaste. My sister really liked it, so it was a good thing they came in a two-pack because I was able to share with her.

Cardine said...

One more thing: what if she has cancer or some sort of ailment that her decisions did not cause? Or what if they did? Would you still be able to see beauty?

warnser said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
warnser said...

Could I still see her beauty?
I think that I would. Of course this list (the blog) is in no way extensive, completely over simplified etc, etc, but before I answer, I have some questions. Can she still see her beauty? Would she believe me if I did?

I am a firm believer that once you have found it, it is easier to find again, even if the circumstances change. But in order to be true to previous statements, I still must say health affects happiness, and both affect beauty.
Point number two one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen was in a hospital. I think she was prettier because of the circumstances. She used it to her advantage. She read more scriptures. She talked to more people, and she smiled. still she smiled. In fact I think she smiled brighter than I'd ever seen.

Could I see it when she's sick, sure I could. Could I see it on a bad hair day of course. Would I choose to? Yes, I think I would.

julie said...

I'm glad that you wrote that you would choose to see her beauty. I'm beginning to understand that choice plays a big part in our feelings. We choose how we're going to feel. We choose the people we're going to love. I love agency.

I like smiles, too. I agree that people are more attractive when they smile and less so when they're always grumpy. I love that I'm surrounded by people that a)generally smile a lot, b)make me smile, and c)I make smile. I'm blessed. :)

warnser said...

I still say the best blog is this secondary comment thing. It's more complete, and just better. I'm really glad to get your comments Julie, Because you have just hit one oof my core beliefs: I think we really do choose a lot more than we think we do, and I think it was meant that way. Sometimes we don't know what we are choosing, and sometimes we don't know why, but usually we are still choosing. Yes agency is very very nice.

And then there was another idea.
I'm not even sure why I've been thinking about this. But as I write it, I think I know, but I guess this would be my second question, probably fitting of a whole entry itself, but not tonight:
When we love, do we love someone enough to want them to have agency too. For instance when one is dating, can we love a person enough, to let them stop dating us?
I think a lot of people can't. I know some people who can't, but I would like to hope that I could. Because after all, it's about two people both using their agency independantly, and I don't think that is a lesser love I think it is a greater love.

Don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not saying that this is an easy thing, but I think it is a celestial thing.

Anonymous said...

Good points everyone. I will have to remember to smile at my husband more, even when he tells dumb jokes.

warnser said...

Dumb jokes are the best!

julie said...

I love agency, but sometimes I understand why 1/3 of the hosts of heaven followed Satan. I like being able to make choices, but I don't always like to let others make choices, usually because I can see that their choices are hurting them and/or me. I can see that God must really love us because He gave us agency. He knew we needed it in order to achieve our fullest potential, even though our choices sometimes hurt Him and/or us.

Hmm. Who would have thought a post about smiles could turn into a discussion of agency? I love blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

Doug... that is a beautiful blog. It makes me happy to read it and happy that at least one man in the world feels that way. Thanks.

warnser said...

Yeah, I have finally written a beautiful blog, don't worry, it won't happen often but thanks for letting me know you liked it.

Lydia said...

This blog was amazing! I've heard musicians and poets explain beauty the way that you did, but this is the first time I've heard it from a young man. And it's even nicer because everyone who knows you can be sure that you meant it.