Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It was too long so I chopped it. (still to be read with caution)(AKA part 3)

No liquids for me,
no liquids, and no food.

Yeah, I had an IV, but I just don't think that's very satisfying.
And I got thirsty.
But I wasn't supposed to eat.
Sadly the hospital did not have the Food network,
or, if they did, I couldn't get it in my rooms. I remember being wheeled to surgery. But I don't remember much else. The Anesthetist told me he was going to do something, and appearantly he did, because the next few hours just didn't exist. I don't remember exactly when I woke up, But then there was nothing unusual about it. I was just in my room, surrounded by the same friends that had been there before, doing basically the same kind of things. The first couple of times that I awoke, I was very tired.

Usually I would go back to sleep shortly after hanging up my phone. Just enough people had my contact number to re- wake me when I would fall asleep. The doctor came by, he said things went well. He told me that I would probably end up staying there that night. I was pretty nauseas. I think it was the pizza, particularly the cheese that just hadn't digested yet. It was about 10 that evening when I decided to stay that night.

It was probably also about ten when I actually could have come home. I stayed one last night, and it was a very LONG night. I had no idea how slowly time passes when your leg weighs a little extra. I probably woke up a dozen times that night. I still wake up a few extra times each night. By about 1 a.m.

I was soooooo ready to go home.
Every hour or so I would wake up and try to figure out the quickest way home.
Early wednesday morning I called my brother. He was awake, but I think a little surprised to hear from me so soon. When I heard that I got a regular breakfast, that gave me a little motivation to stay. But I was pretty anxious. It didn't take me long to Make that meal a memory. Eggs, and potatoes, and bacon, three slices, and mush, and fruit, and everything else. The nurses were shocked that I was “leaving so soon.” But the hospital had nothing else for me.

I talked to my doctor one last time. He the surgury had gone really well. He also said he needed a refresher on my business, because he knew that the operating staff would have more questions. I've heard he doesn't have great bedside manner, but I guess that was never really my experience. He was plenty nice to me. And I believe my leg is as good as can be. So I ended my hospital visit. The food was ok, but nothing to write home about. The service was good, And I liked my surgeon. I hope to see him again, but next time... maybe I'll get to be the one working. Yes, that would be nice.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I think I missed something between posts. was there supposed to something else?

warnser said...

sorry about that,
I thought I posted all three, but I think they are all here now.

Anonymous said...

You wrote: "but next time... maybe I'll get to be the one working." Do you mean with the doctor? Do you have aspirations in the medical field?