Friday, November 07, 2008

Quick List

I noticed the other day that I have an interesting set of goals.
so I thought I would share some of them with everyone.
the ones that I find most interesting.

  • That $18 library card.
  • Be debt free.
  • Eat good cheese often (Espcially Haloumi)
  • Two ovens
  • Side by side fridge, and freezer (individual units... more of a wish than a goal)
  • Buy at least one book a month
  • Read at least one book every 5 weeks
  • Earn enough money from interest to live off for a month.
  • Live up north. (I have a specific place, but I'm not saying it right now)
  • See a live professional sporting event (preferably RSL)*
  • Make a trip to the nearest St. George esque city once a month
  • Own a sweet camera
  • Take sweet pictures
  • Own a DDR game, or a PIUE
  • Go to Greece **
  • Go on a mission (or two or something)
  • Take 1 class per year
  • Be that crazy uncle who gives educational presents (like books)
  • Be a grandfather
  • Get my knee/lungs to where I can play any sport I want, the way I want
  • Own a piano
  • Play every song in the h. book
  • Perform with a trash can band
  • Own my own home
  • Read the last half of the old testament
  • Subscribe to three or four magazines
* ok so I did see some of the 2002 Olympics, but I want more
**Also I have been to Greece and served a mission, but see above.

Ü

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would that costly library card enable you to access your local university library?

I like your book goals. I've been formulating my resolutions for next year that involves a book list. I've enjoyed this year's goal so much.

Up north... let me guess... Logan?! :)

I remember you looked like a grandfather once.

The h.book goal: I've tried to make a goal that is something similar to that. My question to you is... how well?

ShellBell said...

It's a good list. I really liked "Be that crazy uncle who gives educational presents (like books)" I thought it was funny and it's good to be that uncle :)

I am also trying to do the 1 book a month goal. I haven't usually had the determination. So that's awesome.

Some good goals/wishes I hope you accomplish them.

Cardine said...

I really liked the one about cheese. A lot.

Emily said...

Okay so here's my comment. My favorite of these as always would probably be the ones about the books, but not so much being that crazy uncle thats just not me. I think crazy aunt would work a little better. Also owning a piano is something I would love (and have actually debated with myself over buying one) then maybe I could be a pianist someday. Nothing special just to be able to say, yeah I can play that.

warnser said...

Sarah, yes and it's even costlier now.

As for the H. book
I'd like to be good enough to play it/all (with people).

Cardine, Awesome.

good comments all around

Em
yes crazy aunt would work better for you.

tearese said...

You haven't read the last half of the OT? Personally, I think the OT is one of the more interesting books of Scripture. I'm pretty sure I've read it more than the BOM, but I've read the NT more.
Why do you need to buy a book? To have an impressive library? My sister has a house full of books, and nowhere to put all of them,but she doesn't want to get rid of them. When I moved away from home, I left the bulk of my books there, and it was very liberating.
I'm sure you wanted to know that.

julie said...

I would like two ovens.

warnser said...

Yeah, I've read most of it,
and maybe even all of it,
but I can't say for certain, so it's still on my short list.

two ovens I'd even take one and a half.

Oh yeah and I'd like to add
• make money from blogs, just a couple dollars a day... well at the least.

• have time to write on my blogs.
post to each of them regularly,
at least once per week for the main ones.

• and get special recognition for one of them.

warnser said...

yeah and I couldn't leave my books,
I like 'um.

Becca & Jesse said...

Do you want to see a specific RSL game? Or will any game do? This goal could be a reality in 2009...lets just say it would be mutally beneficial in accomplishing goals.

mormonhermitmom said...

I like NCIS and NUmb3rs. Are you going to be an adoptive grandpa? You know the guy that holds other people's kids in church and sneaks them candy when they won't behave?