Saturday, June 27, 2009

The ________ of the Week

Favorite Headline of the Week:
Microsoft to Vista Owners: You'll Pay for Our Mistake

It's true, if you were one of the victims of Vista you still have to pay full price (as much as $220) for a ridiculously small update. (They're re-releasing Vista, the way it should have been released (working) calling it Windows 7, and charging you for it, The real winners are the ones who kept their XP. 7 seems nice enough, but even the ultimate version seems... well lacking ( I miss inkball, I hear you can still get it but I don't see it). Macs on the other hand are also getting an OS update this year. What people thought was going to be a relatively small update (like vista to windows 7) turned out to be something very nice, but Apple is a strange company, they like to under promise, and over deliver, so their better than expected new OS is very reasonably priced. $29.99*

Celebrity Anti-Crush of the Week:
Megan Fox
That girl is Vulgar! in every sense. and I don't think she's all that pretty either, just trashy. She probably could be ok, but she's not.
Will I be seeing T2? No.


Biggest surprise of the week:
Being set up on a blind date, by a person that I just met... not minutes before.
not kidding!

Google good news of the week... and the temporary downside:
Google Voice. I get SMS, and a new phone number, and Voicemail, but no phone. I may just sign up for that. Unfortunately they took away the SMS that I was using, and I'm hoping for better luck with the Google Voice voicemail, than the Google Talk voicemail... I like the option to not send my blank messages. Ü

Saddest Celebrity Death of the Week: Ed McMahon.
Yeah the king of pop, and a bigtime actress, but Ed McMahon just seemed more entertaining.
But seriously, lots of big names this week. My condolences.

well that about wraps things up.
ttfn

No comments: