Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Latest Buzz

So what's the buzz? Well Buzz for starters, and after that? well I've got a little more there too.

First there was Wave, and then there was Buzz.

In the April, 2004 (If you believe the Wikipedia) Google created a whole new way to think about email. I got my invitation in January (2005).  Since then I have been a faithful admirer of the Gmail.  Still, Google was not prepared to rest on their laurels.  So they reinvented email, and they've been trying to re-reinvent it ever since.

I'm honestly glad that google didn't stop with a basic Gmail.  I love google chat, and Gmail Labs.  Reluctantly I joined GoogleWave, and I could see myself really liking it too, but honestly... I like Buzz better. I like the added functionality of Google Wave, but NOBODY ever checks it.  I mean it takes too much work. Buzz, on the other hand is simple, always present (too present some would say) but it doesn't feel intrusive.   It's just a simple way to connect with your friends.  Admittedly they had some kinks to work out when they first released it. But they are working them out (and some of them didn't even exist in the first place, they were just assumptions, and rumors, and juicy tech gossip). Now I get the joys of Social networking, with out ever having to leave Gmail... Nice.
Now Google Buzz(GB) may not do everything, but I think it could meet a lot of my social network needs.  For me GB may in fact be one step better than the FB. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up one for the other, I just like the option to use them both, but in different ways.

So I have a new favorite show... well technically I have two... um or 1.2... or...
It's like this.  I found the funniest show ever created. Maybe you've heard of it, it's called
Ctrl.

Somehow it just speaks to me, and honestly I really like it... a lot.
It's short, well really short. But it's funny! So if you need something to watch sometime. Maybe you would like it too.  And perhaps the best part is that you can get the whole thing on Hulu, well it's got the first season... or the first part of the first season.  I hope there's more.

And then there's that other new show. It's called Human Target.
And I think I like it too.  I mean I do like it, but I worry that it will go the same way that so many other shows have gone.  That it will "need" to do something to boost the ratings, and as usually happens when someone in that famous California city want to get attention, I'm worried that they will try to make it more "appealing" by making it less friendly for a family type audience.
It would be good to note, that they have kept it cleaner than a lot of the other stuff on TV, I just hope they will keep it that way.

So what about the iPad.
I really don't have much to say about it, right now but I think the best (read most likely to be be accurate) review came from Stephen Fry (He's a British author, but we won't hold that against him, oh and he's done some other things too).  Anyway you can read his funny, but informed (go figure) review of the new apple tablet here.

And finally I got a cell phone.  Yeah it's true, I actually got a cell phone.  I think it even works now. So what's my number? I have two, my number that looks like a cell phone actually is now, and my google number is too (57 20 HEY)

So that's the buzz. For now anyway.
Ü

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that text was from me... if it worked.

And Buzz... I just don't need it. I'm sorry Google; I love you, Google... I just don't see a need for Buzz.

warnser said...

Um no I didn't get a text, but then only the 572 # gets text, not the other one. (I turned them off, for now, on my 590 #)

And for me it's kind of a nice middle ground between email and chat, where you're not there at the same time, or you HAVE to be there at the same time, I like the option to be there or not to be. Ü

warnser said...

oh and I like that I can fix a typo later too.

julie said...

I confess, I haven't experimented with Buzz at all. Shocking, eh? Me, not totally on top of a social networking tool! :)

So, do I have all your phone numbers??

warnser said...

Hey Lisa, Thanks for your comment.
I'm glad you liked what you read.

Have a great day everyone.