Wednesday, October 19, 2005

IN SERVICE TO OUR FELLOW FAST-FOOD WORKERS



I have decided that for my second blog,
I should do something really interesting.
I have not decided what that means,
but I felt like writing, so here I am.

I have come to the conclusion that blogs should contain cool stuff,
unfortunately the cool stuff isn't flowing yet,
so you get to read my ramblings while I try to
work this into something interesting.

I guess it must be time for a story.

I have the coolest best friend on earth.
he's a self made bazillionaire
and about the funniest person I've ever met.
ok, so he's not a bazillionaire, (yet)
but he is really funny.

One he decided that the good people of Arby's needed
umm, a little excitement in their lives,
and we were just the people to help them out.
(actually he decided that a lot, but he
did work there for a few years, so I guess he would know).

He did many things to help them -- from juggling knives
to suprise kitchen water fights,
(all of which I must add were done with the
utmost regard for the hallowed reputation of said Arby's)

But this particular night he wasn't working.
Why a person would want to go back,
when they spent their whole life there, I still have not figured out,
but we did. Perhaps his mom was out of town.

Sidenote: my friend is brilliant, but somehow he never really learned to cook.
By his own admission he would happily live on pop-tarts if he could.
Sometimes he even burnt his pop-tarts,
but then way day, a miracle (acutally there were two)
but anyway, one day he learned that you didn't have to cook a pop-tart.
and voila! no more burnt meals.ª

(The second miracle was that he got married,
and amazingly his wife is a really good cook.
---see ª above)

But back to the story. Through a chain of events that i
have since forgotten, we ended up at Arby's

And being the good samaritans that we are,
we came up with a plan.

It was a simple plan:
Reak havoc on the drive through,

Basically you pull up to the mic.
and you give your order in a really funny way.
Tonight the plan was to give the order while wiggling
his finger across his mouth.

after about as much as I could take,
with a straight face,
we were asked to pull forward to window
they were "experiencing technical difficulties."
Ü ü Ü Ü ü Ü Ü ü Ü Ü ü Ü

Another friend of ours was working the window,
but oddly enough he was not amused when
Scott (my best friend) pulled up to the window and
repeated the process so that he could see.

It took a minute, but after a while we had done our job.
the good people of Arby's had been served.

So what's that moral?
I have no idea.
but I think it's a pretty funny story,
so there you go.
tune in next time for a swashbuckling good time
as we talk about Pirates
Arrrgh Matey!@


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that story was about Scott.

warnser said...

Yes it's true the one And Only Scott Crawford.
p.s. thanks for being the first person to comment on this entry.