Monday, October 17, 2005

ME, MY BLOG AND I

This blog was inspired by blogs from some of my friends,
and because I have a lot of things to say.

I don't really reccommend that anyone read this.
It will likely be boring, and insensitive,
and highly oppinionated, but it might occasionally be good for a laugh,

I probably won't post very often,
but I will probably post a few articles each time that I do.

So first things first
Where did I get my blog name?
There are four parts to my blogs name
(yes I know that math was tough, but I eventually figured it out)

Warnser, Wonderful , Web, and Wonders

I'll start with the easy one: THIS IS THE WEB.

NEXT: Wonderful- well it may cause you to wonder, but mostly I just needed an adjective.

Warnser: This is perhaps the only part of the title that will get a decent explanation. (Oddly enough if you are reading this
blog, you have probably already heard the story,
but I'm including it anyway).

Some years ago I spent some time doing religious service
( a mission (to help bring people closer to Christ))
in a foreign country (Greece). In preperation for that service I
spent time at a Missionary Training Center (MTC). One of the things we learned at the MTC was how to write our names in Greek.
Unfortunately I had to miss class that day
(though technically I already knew how to spell my name). When I got back my name was on the board it looked something like this. GOUARNESR. (That was a lot tougher than I thought it would be (and if you can read it, it's probably still wrong)). When we met with the missionaries that had been in class we had a good laugh and I came to be known as Warnser (incedentally in their greek spelling thats not what it says (the '
S ' is in the wrong place)).

Wonders: yes I wonder about many a thing, but I also just like alliteration.

Here are some of the topics that I hope to address in coming articles.
Pirates, Signs, Admitting we're wrong, Girls, Food, Girls, insight and entertainment.

(or piracy, enter only, Being Right, stupid people, food, nice people,
ktp)

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

P.S. I have decided to include some of my favourite key commands (mostly for my own benefit).
Alt + 129ü 148ö 153Ö 154 Ü 155¢ 156£ 164ñ 167º 169© 181 µ


2 comments:

julie said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm so glad you've started a blog. I'm SURE it will end up being highly entertaining and will offer an interesting insight into the mind of YOU!

By the way, if you start having problems with bogus comments, let me know and I'll tell you how to prevent them.

Happy blogging!

julie said...

P.S. I had never heard that story, so I'm glad you explained Warnsers.