Friday, February 17, 2006

Fictional Monies

I think I am pretty good with my money. I don't know why, but I have always felt this way. But somehow, all the evidence seems to be pointing the other way. I haven't got any. There is however, one area where I am doing GREAT! Fictional money.

You should see it,
I am awesome with fictional monies.
I make it like it's going out of style.

What am I taking about?
I have no idea.

My brother decided he was interested in Stocks,
So he went searching. In his search, he came across a really cool site (sure they have a healthy dose of ads, but the site isn't too bad). The stie lets you set up a game for anyone who wants to play. Then you go out and buy stocks (ficticiously of course), and see how you would do. I happen to really like this game. Ok, it helps that in less than a week, I have made over 30,000 dollars, but even still I think it is quite fun.

And so I extend the challenge to you, can you do better?
can you manage imaginary money as well as I can?

I would love to find out.
The web site is game.marketwatch.com
the competition name is warnersiv and so is the other thing you need.
just pick a user name, and say no to all the offers,
and then pick some stocks.
it's that easy.... and it's fun.

Good luck.
Warnser

P.s. yes I know I had a slight head start, but the competition goes for a couple months,
(and I lost a lot of money my first day)

6 comments:

C. Jane Kendrick said...

"What am I taking about?
I have no idea."
This made me laugh and I thought you should know.

tearese said...

thats what I remember about you. You were always trying to come up with some idea to make money. I wasn't ever too excited about making money, and thus alas, we could never be more than friends;)

warnser said...

C jane,
Thank you for you comment.
I the thought that someone, somewhere, is laughing. And I'm glad I could be apart of it.

warnser said...

Ahh yes those glorious High school days. I do remember (kind of) those days when I thought a lot about money.
Actually I don't remember them so well, but I do remember the day that I realized that I was spending way too much time thinking about money. It was something about where your treasure is there your heart is, and I realized that at least to some degree, my treasure was treasure. I guess I still think about it a bit, but I'm not nearly as obsessed.

Lydia said...

You are so right that what a person spends most of his time thinking about and working for becomes his treasure.

Your comment made me think of another extreme in thinking about money:
Often people who say they dislike money spend the most time thinking and talking about it (or about their lack of it). In the end they make it "their treasure" because it is such a focus of their thoughts, feelings, time and energy.

Now that I think about, I can see that focusing on negative things makes any situation worse. Have you ever heard the comment: "What you focus on grows"? Or maybe you've heard the saying "Starve the problems, feed the opportunities."? It makes a lot of sense, and it's easy to see in action.

In the example I started above, the more a person feeds or focuses on a fear of making money, spending money, losing money, and even keeping money, the more fear of money will grow to fill his/her life.

I think this is true of fear of anything. The more a person focuses on fear and scarcity or lack, the more fear and scarcity that person will CREATE in his/her life. It's counter-intuitive, but I've seen it happen. Could this "exercise of fear" be the opposite of exercising faith? Fear and faith seem to work in exactly the same ways but in exact opposition to each other. Hmmm. That's very interesting.

So,here's a new question. What is the result of "faith" in something that is false? Does it work more like "exercising fear" (as explained above), or is it something else entirely?

warnser said...

that's a really long comment.
really long
maybe a little too deep for me,
I guess I don't know a lot of people that "hate money"
unless you mean me. but I don't think I fit that category either.
the last two paragraphs kind went over my head.
I think people can "Create" situations for good or bad by believing in them. I think people who have "faith" in things that are not "true" will likely be dissappointed. and I think when a persons priorities are right their goals and needs and want will fall into place, and and they can find ways to make room for the things that they desire.
something like that.