Monday, October 09, 2006

To all the good people of the world, (but mostly Job)

This is a post about some of the coolest people in the world.
But mostly Job.
For the past little while I have been in the need of... lets say, a little extra service.
and fortunately I have met some very nice people.
And even more fortunately I already know some of the greatest people.
Sometimes I guess my planning was just a bit weak.
Normally I can deal with that.
But I have really needed people for a while here,
and people have been amazing.
Some people gave me rides when my car was broken.
Some people gave me rides when my leg was broken too.
some people brought me cookies.
Some people brought me donuts.
Some people dropped everything, just because I called.
Some people told me that they would,
In fact more people than I felt like I could really use.
(sometimes I would need one of these people,
but In my hour of need the names of volunteers would blank)

And this was Job.
This was not only Job.
This was all of you,

But gosh I like Job.
I don't normally like to single some one out,
But some times change is good too.

Did I mention that I even got help from strangers?
Yes strangers would talk to me.
and that was really cool.
Sometimes they would even give me rides.

Many people just stopped to pick me up,
Many people are good.

Anyway A big Hearty thanks to all of my friends.
And a big hearty thanks to all of my strangers.
People are so good, and good for them.
I hope the Lord will bless the lives of those who reach out to help those in need.
And especially at this time,
the lives of those who helped me.
Thanks again Job.

3 comments:

julie said...

I'm glad you had so much help during your time of need. I'm also glad your leg is healing and that you are now without the cast and crutches. I bet it's a lot easier to get around now, eh? :)

warnser said...

Me too. People are so helpful.
Yeah the leg is a lot better.
And oddly enough,
some of my broken leg attention, is still lingering.

Yes getting around is fabulous.
And yes it was fabulous to have so much help and so many people willing to help, but I guess in a way I like being able to do it for myself even more.

Lydia said...

My thanks as well, to all those who help their neighbors when they see a need!

I wish it were easier to recognize other kinds of needs. I mean, we all have inner struggles at some point, and need an extra lift. But other people don't know we need it. If they did, I think many of our neighbors would be glad to stop in for a visit, call for a chat, or drop off a treat.

Accidents and illnesses have at least one advantage: that of getting the attention of those who really want to help, but are sometimes too busy or preoccupied to notice when someone is just lonely or sad.

I hope that since your leg healed you haven't had cause to wonder where all the love went! I hope we can all learn to get over feeling awkward about doing something nice for no apparent reason, or just because someone might have one of those less obvious needs for things like friendship and a little extra appreciation!