Saturday, October 14, 2006

To all my readers.

Here is a letter to all my little flock of readers.
I thought I would write to you about one of the least important things I could write about.
(it's one of the ads on my blog)
And about one of the most important things I could write about.

As some of you may have noticed,
Occassionally I get a new ad on one of my pages.
(I have two)

Sometimes reading the ads is... um, entertaining.
Today my blog has two.
One says get mormon ringtones and the other says "is the Book of Mormon True"
I think that this second one is rather interesting.

Because really this is a very important question.
And I thought this would be an anti BofM link.
I was right.

But still I clicked the link.
"I have no problem with taking their money"
Ü Is that bad of me.

But oddly I actually liked alot of the quotes that they used.
in other words I think they are poor anti-mormon missionaries.

And ok they Quote orson pratt quite heavily,
but as I re-read some of his statements,
they make more sense.
(and of course a little context would be nice)

Also I like their opening line.

"You have a right...
and a responsibility...
to know for yourself!
"

That's right don't take it from them,
Find out for yourself.

I especially like the part where they talk about orignal languages.
(you're kidding right?)

These people played the original langauge card.
and they did it on my BLOG!
I had to laugh.

I Speak Greek!
ok, I'm not perfect with it,
And my Greek is modern Greek,
but my Greek was once pretty good.

And I think the New Testament really does sound different in English.
I would pick the Greek version Any day.

But I would pick the English version of the Book of Mormon,
in most cases too.
Translations are just inferior.

Finally I do think this is an important issue.
I remember the first time I really felt the spirit.
I was reading the Book of Mormon.

It was quoting the Bible.
I was reading in Mosiah 14.
And every time I read these verses of Isaiah I feel it again.
I know the Book of mormon is true,
and I invite everyone to take my advertisers challenge,
"know for your self if it is true"
If you read it you can know,
If you are sincere,
You will know.




p.s. if you had trouble with the opening sentance I meant "my" as in the flock that I am a part of,
not 'my' as in the flock that I own.

3 comments:

Cardine said...

Now you just have two Mormon Ringtone ads. My coworker has the "When You're Helping You're Happy" ringtone on her phone. It cracks me up whenever it rings, especially when there are clients around.

Cool that you pinpointed the first time you REALLY felt the spirit.

tearese said...

Yeah, those two adds are both there right now. I had to hear anti all growing up. I'm sick of it! People need to get a life.

warnser said...

Wow people actually use those ringtones?
I think that's awesome.
I used to program my own ringtones,
but now i don't even have a phone.
One of my friends programmed "called to serve." but that might have been on a calculator.

Yes it's true, it was a vivid experience, and Sure, I imagine I had had some spiritual experiences before, but this one was stronger, and clearer than any that I remember.

And why can't people just be christian, about christianity.
It's always seemed a little odd to me.

Hooray for truth,
and it's constancy,
and for answers to prayers.
I love that people really can know for their own self.

Thanks for reading,
and for writing.
Warnser