Saturday, April 05, 2008

Helium it's not just for balloons anymore

It used to be that Helium had it's place, and it pretty much stayed there.  But as things change, this too is changing.  It used to be that Helium was a thing that we found in balloons, or if we were up for a challenge, perhaps we would "enhance" our voices and do our best chipmunk impression.  

Well there's a new kind of helium, and that new Helium is spreading like wildfire.  It's an open forum for writers. The goal is to help writers get their writing out there.  People write, people read, people rate, oh yeah and people earn.  The idea is that because it is a community everyone grows together.  The writers get better, because they write more.  The readers get better because they read more.  And everyone gets better because the readers can give the writers their feedback.   

Writers can find mentors, if they need a little help.  Someone who is proven as a star writer can give specific feedback and instruction.

And if you just want to read, you can do that there too.
News, information, opinions, and reviews.  There are even sections for recipes and poems.  

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to write lately,
but I have had time to post a few of my 'relevant' articles to helium,
and I have earned a whole penny from my labors (though they are offering a promotion right now that I might be able to cash in on, if I'm lucky).

Helium host's contests, and actually provides material for magazines, and others looking for a writer.  Obviously you earn a lot more if someone really want's to read what you have written.

I don't really write much on Helium,
and my blogs will still be my focus, 
but if I should earn a little more for what I have already done,
well, that would be great.

If you are interested in joining Helium you can go to their website,
or if you are planning on making boatloads of money, 
I can send you a referral link,
(that way you make a boatload of money, but they give some of the leftover money to me Ü)
 either way stay tuned. My blogs are not dead yet. 

In fact they're just getting warmer.

No comments: