Thursday, October 29, 2009

Money Money Money yeah yeah

I learned something very interesting yesterday: I actually make money from my blogs.
Ok it's not a lot, but it is something.  I have known for a while that I could make money from blogging, but I didn't really know what the most effective methods to do that were.

Well I can now say with great certainty that I have even more understanding of the process.

First Google ads.  Admittedly this is not a big source of income for me, in fact so far I have not seen anything, but one day Google will send me a check for $100 and I will be happy.  At the rate that I post it will still take a few years, but I have no doubt that they will send me a check.  (I have a formula to know how much Google will pay if you're interested, it's something I concocted myself, but I think it seems pretty close so far)

Then one day I decided to take my money making to the next level, And voila, I joined Helium.  Helium is different in that you can actually make money for each article that you write, especially if you follow a few criteria and participate in their site.  And yes they have actually sent me some moolah. Not much, but more. Here again, I know the pattern, and I know I could be making more, but I haven't been very faithful to it. But it can be guaranteed. And it can be fun.

But what I have found to be the best money in blogging is Kindle Publishing (from amazon). I write my blogs and they publish them.  The main thing here, is that you have to have a topic that people will actually pay to read (I think I have two but I have only been using one). But the second part is also important, you have to write consistently enough that people will keep their subscriptions. It turns out that people have been reading my blog on the kindle (no not this one, my other one).
But I have been slothful,  and not a wise blogger (and busy, let's not forget busy), and people have been canceling their subscriptions.  When I started, I was pretty sure no one was reading it, so I didn't do much with it, but now I know differently, it's starting to make it's way into the world.

Because I now have a greater appreciation for consistency, I am looking for volunteers.  Well not exactly volunteers. I don't know that I myself could actually write consistently enough to keep people happy, but I think if a group of us banded together we could totally make things work.  Being as this is a new venture, I am not sure how I would share the profits, or even if there would be a good way to do that. However, I do have a few resources that I can share.  So to start things out I am willing to share what I have.

So what do I have? Well I have a video projector.  It's pretty cool, and it makes for a great party, or date or whatever you want to do with it. I also have two blogs that need some consistency (thank goodness for the option to schedule a blog to post on a certain day).  The first blog is 5000 Questions. This is the blog that I have already published.  The Second blog is the Utah Food Review; This is the blog that has been sorely neglected and thus not published.  I would like to see each of these blogs published way more consistently, so I offer a very simple proposal.  If you help me write 3 blogs, I will let you borrow the projector.  You can write for either blog... The Utah Food Review is basically a restaurant review blog, and 5000 Questions is about gathering/ creating questions that a couple could use to get better acquainted and have a better relationship.

If you pick the first one just review any dining experience in or near Utah, and be sure you give it a rating from 1 to 8 spoons (with 8 being the best). 

If you pick the second one I think 3 posts of about 25 Questions each would be nice. (Unless you pick a different kind of post, then things would be different).

You can email me the posts, and I can add them or I can add you as an admin, if you think that would be good.   My email is my last name [dot] my first name (the whole thing) the-at-sign Gmail etc.

Of course if you would like to post out of the goodness of your heart you are welcome to do that too. Ü
Have  a great day,
W.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to help you out, because I think you're a great person. I have no need for the projector, and it would be quite the hassle of lending it to me, I'd imagine. Sadly, I feel I cannot participate regularly in posting to your blogs, as I am swamped with my own blogging (mostly kidding here... I do have a school blog that I have to keep updated pretty regularly, however). I am swamped with school and work at the present, but I will gladly continue to read and hopefully click on a few google ads occasionally.

warnser said...

You know what? I believe you.
It would be rather tricky to get you the projector, but you do visit the area every now and then.

Also can totally relate to being swamped with blogs (and school work), but how much longer do you have?
Of course readers are always a bonus, and if your schedule does open up... well there are options (actually I think you would be crazy valuable for my new blog project, I'll let you know when I get into it, and who knows maybe your school and such won't be so swamping by then. Ü).

Anyway thanks for reading. Ü