Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A few movies that I have not seen or would like to see again.

This list is not exactly in order, but I'm not going to take the time right now to fix it, so this is what you get.

  1. Monsters Vs. Aliens - I like animation, in fact I almost went into it. And Dreamworks seems to be catching up with Pixar, I mean nothing can really compete with Pixar, but I've heard good things.
  2. UP! - Pixar. Yeah, it may be a little surprising that I haven't seen this yet, but... I also don't have a cell phone.  Ü
  3. Flushed away - More animation that I haven't seen.  Me = intrigued.
  4. Wallace and Grommet were-rabbit  - I know how some of you feel about claymation, and I respect that, but I don't find it the least bit creepy, just funny, pure and simple.
  5. Galaxy Quest - I didn't have high expectations for this one, but it did surprisingly well on the Tomatometer®. And now I am über intrigued.
  6. Second Hand Lions - It's been a while, and it was good. And everybody always talks about it, so I'd like to see it again.
  7. The Story of Weeping Camel - It's a Docu-drama, and I hear really really good things about it. I like a good documentary type film every now and then.
  8. Any Red Skelton movie - Genius. Seriously I love Red Skelton. His movies are soooo funny, and I've seen a few, but I would love to see the rest.
  9. Madagascar. (1)  Surprisingly I really liked the sequel, but I still don't think I ever saw the original, so Madagascar... yeah I'd like to see that.
  10. Forever Strong - Rugby anyone?  I'm not sure whether it's the local flavor, or the story, or what, but I would actually like to see what they did with this movie.
  11. Ushpizin - conceptually hilarious; dry, like matzo but clever, and unique, and well made.
  12. The original Ocean 11 - Everything these days seems to be a remake of something.  I want to see the somethings.  yeah, I'm intrigued.
  13. The original Italian Job. - Ditto.
  14. Time Bandits - Connery and Cleese, (what an odd combination... which only makes it more intriguing) not my first choice, but I'd like to see it.
  15. Condorman - Ok I just watched it and it is good, but technically it no longer needs to be on this list
  16. We are Marshall - You know one of those sports movies, but different... kind of.
  17. Lion king 1 1'2 - Not a sequel... not not a sequel, an enigma. My aunt said it was very good.
  18. Bridge to Terabithia - Never read the book, never saw the movie, but I would.
  19. The Iron Giant - Somehow I missed this movie, Ok I was in Greece, but still, I think I've only seen snippets here and there, and I'd like to see the whole thing.  You don't really hear about it, but it's supposedly surprisingly good.
  20.  The King of Comedy - It's probably low on my list, but I wouldn't mind seeing it.
  21. Spiderwick Chronicles - yeah I'd watch that.
  22. Harvey... either version - I don't remember when my fascination with large invisible rabbits began, but I think I could really enjoy a good flick about one.
  23. The Three Caballeros - Yet another one that I probably have not seen... unbelievable
  24. The Late Show - A detective past his prime, what could go wrong?
  25. Frank and Ollie - A movie about people who make movies.  I guess this goes back to the days when I wanted to work for Disney.
  26. Modern Times - I've never seen a any of the great Charlie Chaplin feature length films, and I feel I'm missing something. This one I hear leaves you speechless. ü
  27. The Great dictator - Chaplin again. classic really. Classic.
  28. Being there - Peter Sellers.   "A highly unusual and an unusually fine film."
  29. Reds - It's a political drama, as if I don't already get enough of that, but it still has me intrigued, I could see myself hating it, but I'm still curious.
  30. Invincible - Yeah it's just football, but I like a little football, now and again.
  31. Z - Ok so I don't really know if I want to see it, but I did a graphics project about some of the best international movies ever and... it made the list.
  32. The last mimzy - It really just barely makes the cut, but I believe in supporting movies with family friendly ratings.

4 comments:

julie said...

Some of these I've heard of, some of them I haven't. Ah, Condorman! I haven't seen that since I was a kid. I loved it. I wonder if I still would. I'm not sure I dare risk it. :) Galaxy Quest was the first movie I saw following my mission. I had low expectations and it exceeded them, which wasn't hard. I love Second Hand Lions. If you need a movie-watching partner, just let me know, some of these I'd really like to watch.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of Condorman the other day... someone said something about California... or right, the Condor is on the state quarter. And it reminded me of that movie... but I can't remember much of it. I would like to see it again.

And I am also willing to be a movie watching partner... sorry I couldn't make time last weekend for friend-fun!

warnser said...

Ok, I just saw Monsters vs. Aliens (Thanks to Cardine and co.) and it was pretty good.

Julie & Sarah, Awesome!

warnser said...

Update:
Saw some of Up... don't remember why I didn't finish, but still in the plans

Watched Forever strong. It was good
Just saw We are Marshall. like it well enough