Friday, February 22, 2008

wishes and fishes (minus the fish)

My sister has recently been pestering me for gift ideas.
you know, christmas and birthdays and such.

But I "haven't been much help. "

this here is a "helpful list."
Patterned after the ones she does.

Ü


Things I would love to get:
(the Copy and paste edition)

#1 Buffett & Gates Go Back to School DVD

Single DVD
Item No. BGAT601
Our Price: $24.99
Description:
Bill Gates and Warren Buffett are the two richest men in America and very close friends. Though a generation apart in age, and founders of two very different businesses, each has a deep admiration for the other. They share a sense of responsibility to use their wealth to improve the world. In September 2005, the two men spent the day at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln with students and faculty from the College of Business Administration.
http://www.shoppbs.org/


#2Iron Chef America DVD: Battle of th...  By Iron Chef
Iron Chef America DVD: Battle of th...
By Iron Chef
$29.95
http://www.foodnetworkstore.com/c-0+115+109-DVDs-CDs.aspx?hid=115

Even cheaper at Amazon
(but even more than that I would love the real iron Chef on DVD)





#4
Mini Greek new Testament

And Games
Board games
or party games
whatever really.
Mostly I'm looking for games that 6 or more people can play
or games that two people can play.
not so much games aimed at 4 people.

Some of the companies I like include
Mayfair
Uberplay
Ravensburger
Rio Grande
Fundex
and... 
well anything that causes/ encourages thinking really.

Of course any books would be welcomed.
I especially would like the writings of Josephus.
Remembering Joseph (mckonkie)
and
a translation of the q'uran 
I know, a little odd, but I'd really like to read it.
if I could get one with the original text, and the translation that would be awesome.

well Stace' there you have it.
my birthday list a whole....
um, well a few weeks early anyway.
ttfn
W.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you have against 4-player games?

warnser said...

I Don't really have anything against 4-player games,
but...

I'd like to believe that I have more than four friends who might want to play sometime.

and

I have four player games
at least for now,
but if you have a killer four player game that you think I might like,
then I would be open to knowwing more there, too.

warnser said...

BTW my sister loved it.

julie said...

Good list! I also would love any volume of Good Eats. Oh, and don't get me started on the wonderfulness that is the original "Iron Chef". I like the American version, but it doesn't compare to the original Japanese show!