Saturday, February 16, 2008

Random plus etc.

Here is a post on random or otherwise trivial bits of stuff

#1 Google loves me.
That's right they sent me a valentine,
they said 'hey type in this code, so we can give you money.'
Yep, they have my money. Not a lot but it will be sweet when they send it.
of course they won't send it till I make $100 but that could be in two years.
See I've been putting little ads on my pages,
and some of them actually make me money, (especially ones from Apple and Microsoft).
Ok I more just give google a place to put ads,
but still I make money. did I mention that?

It's about $1 per month I figure the math goes something like this
(roughly speaking that is). For every blog that I write I get about a nickel for every person that reads my blog. So over the past two years I've averaged about a buck per month. And yes there have been some months were I didn't make anything.
(and that's ok, cause it's not really why I write, though it might be a larger part of it, if I start making more money Ü)

They also have money for searches and Videos.
but I don't have much of either of those.


Oh yeah and one month I made $5 wooo.

Point number Two
It's Blu-ray.

Yep there's unofficially a winner, and it's Blu-ray
HD-DVD is dying.

Summary

It should be good,
but then it may not matter, if iTunes takes over.
Those apple people are really smart.

(and while their stock has dropped a lot lately)
I think we will see some crazy big things.
and yes I think they will regain a lot of the lost ground with their stocks,
but what do I know.


oh yes I'm banning Red.
I don't care how much you love it.
I want it gone.
that's right I've seen too many photos ruined by someone wearing some atrocious red thing-a-mabobber. So please no Bright reds for your photos. variations are ok,
but no bright reds.

ttfn
W

8 comments:

julie said...

I love your random posts!

Red is my favorite color to wear, in almost all its varieties. Why is it bad? Just curious.

Cardine said...

I saw that HD-DVD was dead. It's really a shame. Why can't we all just get along?

I will have to not wear red in photos, then. Thanks for the tip.

Did you see that I added an ad?

julie said...

Cardine, I didn't notice and had to go back and check to see it. I never notice people's sidebars - I go for the color and the content, that's it. Unless it's really obvious, like Cassie's wish list.

warnser said...

thanks I'm glad you like them.
Red can be nice, but in the bright pure fire-engine type colors it really messes with photos.

most other colors kind of monitor themselves,
but red well it plays it's own rules,
sometimes it looks great on a lcd,
but when I put it on a tv,
basically all my pictures are worthless, so all my work has to be re-adjusted, and redone.

warnser said...

They did try to make peace at one time,
but alas Microsoft and Toshiba didn't wan't to bend as much as Sony and Co. wanted them to.
honestly though, it's nice to see Sony actually win this time.

warnser said...

yeah nice ad.
very subtle
(how it should be, but hey if google wants to share the wealth? who am I to say no)

tearese said...

what are you talking about. With the red thing I mean.

warnser said...

I'm not sure what your question is,
but I'm guessing a more technical explanation will be better.

Every medium has a different color Gamut.
So the range, and depth of colors in print will be different than that TV and still different from a computer.

the standard color profile for computers is sRGB, but this profile doesn't have the depth of reds needed to really print or TV-ize something right.
most colors look ok.
but reds get pretty bad sometimes.

put another way if you have 350 colors of red in a picture, but only 250 'slots to put them in" you lose about 150 colors.
Most color profiles when converting to a TV just take their extra colors of the ends. giving you a lot less definition in the shadows, and highlights.

So I scanned a bunch of slides,
and I made them look perfect on my computer,
but then when I put them on a tv, the red was blinding.
ttfn