Friday, October 24, 2008

Investing (but not the kind with money): A series of thougths, quotes, ideas, and admonitions, or what not.

I spent a good deal of time the other day, thinking about investments. I like to think about investments, I like to watch my favorite stocks, and to find new stocks that I really like. I read an article that talked about the value of investing, specifically the value of investing in American stocks in these trying, and difficult times.

As I thought about this concept, about investing when times are hard, I could see the wisdom that the author was sharing, I could see how every dollar invested could be a win for the economy, and for the individual. Still I had to wonder if there was something even deeper here, if there wasn't a principle or perhaps even principles that apply to human beings.

I'm not sure that my thoughts on this make sense,
So I'm publishing it in limbo...
It's not here, but if you want to read it then you can.
This is the link to its current residence.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfd445rn_17hfh9qbhf
if not, that's fine too.

I'm open to suggestions.
Have a great day.
Ü

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since it's late, I'm waiting to listen to Elder Scott when I'm a little more coherent. I should probably wait to post a comment until then, too; however, I just wanted to say... thanks.

I appreciate your post and your document.

It's... good.