Friday, October 24, 2008

The J.V. E. part II

Day 24: Greenland to England
Ok so I'm in Greenland, and clearly getting out is going to be a pain.
I mean there's really nothing close to Greenland,
but I guess It's time to hop on the first plane I can and get to London.

So I get to London, and man am I tired.
So I sleep,
and I sleep some more.

Day 25: London

London is an impressive city,
maybe even too impressive, I clearly can't take it all in, so I grab a bite to eat at a chippy. And I search for a good can of vimto, and maybe some candy or something.

And I sleep.
Maybe I see some things, maybe not.

I wake up rejuvenated, and it's time to catch another plane.

Day 26: London to Stockholm
Day 27: wandering through Stockholm maybe a little trip over to Drottningholm, a village on the island Lovön in lake Mälaren.
Day 28: Stockholm to Copenhagen
This is the day that I would board the train, yep I'd use the EuRail pass for the next few stops. It's about five hours of travel, but that's more than enough for one day.
This city looks amazing, lot's of wandering, lots of water. There would be plenty of things to see here.

Day 29: Copenhagen to Hamburg
Five more hours on the train.

Day 30: Hamburg
There are some beautiful gardens in Hamburg
I'd probably visit them, and then soak in the German atmosphere.

Day 31: Hamburg to Frankfurt
First of all this is funny - add some er to it if you're drawing a blank.

Day 32: Frankfurt
Do something in Frankfurt, and get my sleep on schedule again.

Day 33: Frankfurt to Munich
More train time.

Day 34 - 35: Munich
Alte Pinakothek: t
his is quite the museum I imagine I'd spend a good portion of the day there.

Day 36: Munich to Vienna
Choo- Choo!

Day 37: Vienna
Vienna, need I say more?

Day 38: Vienna to Venice
Venice intrigues me, but not enough to linger.

Day 39: Venice to Zagreb
Yep I'm on the train again! It's getting old, but I try to take it just a little at a time. I think this segment is nearly 6 hours, a little long at this stage.

Day 40: Zagreb
My Journey is half way over today. Today, I visit the Castle at Medvedgrad and the lake of Samobor

Day 41: Zagreb to Belgrade
Yep, 6 more hours on the train. Yay! I like Belgrade and I'm sure that while I'm there, I would take the opportunity to be with the people. The people in Zagreb and Belgrade are one of the most interesting things to me.

Day 42: Belgrade to Sofia
Well, I've made it to Bulgaria. The land of the endless roses. You can smell it, and I do. Bulgaria is exciting, But partially I'm getting excited, because I'm one to two days from the land that I love... One to two days from Greece

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think going around the world is a great idea. I've always wanted to go to Europe and see all the sights.It 's fun to daydream and plan a trip around the world.

Anonymous said...

I think sometime it would really benefit me to plan my own trip, just for the sake of educating my mind. I had to look up Zagreb, Belgrade and Sofia. Planning a trip would definitely expand my geography knowledge. Going on the trip would be the best teacher, of course.

I'm glad you included Sweden. My latest graphic design project is a logo for a [made up] Swedish cookie company.

Cardine said...

This makes me want to travel again. Sometimes it's hard for me to be patient for my next vacation.

tearese said...

I think my brother served in Zagreb for part of his mission. But I'm not sure. Is it in Slovenia?