Friday, March 13, 2009

We Put the Stream in Extreme Croquet...

And we took it out too.

Thanks to everyone who came to the last party. It was fun, even if a little cold.
Our Extreme Croquet game was really as good as I could have hoped.
(yes even without the usual stream, the game was still good)

I really really like the new course, which of course is not to say that we won't be going back to the old one, but this course was also very eventful, what with the sand, and the tables, and my favorite the hill.

2) I thought about calling this the friday five,
because well, there are usually five things I can come up with by Friday,
but since its only the second edition, and I don't really plan on making it a common practice (though that thought might still change)

New web.
The funny thing is it's not new.
So I've always thought it would be interesting to start an in depth look at dating and relationships. And to do it via the web, so that I can get and share perspective, and hopefully what knowledges are out there can be conglomerated.
And while blogs like that are seemingly common right about now. I felt like I would start one of my own. (actually I started it a year ago, but it was lame... I never published any posts)
But a while back I was talking with some friends about dating and relationships, and a seed was planted. They said that we should create a set of questions that a couple should try to understand before they decided to get married. I know there are books out there of this nature already, but sometimes I thought their questions... while thought provoking, were um well at the least, poorly worded, and funny. I also think that there are questions that set the foundations for dating and relationships that should also be answered. I have lately thought a lot about questions, and how powerful they can be, and what kind of doors they can unlock, and how often we think we have an answer, but we may not even have all the questions. With that in mind I have started a blog about questions. 5000 Questions. blogspot . com With the idea that I will post one question, or one answer, or a set on a weekly basis (probably Mondays).

Also any one who wants to add questions etc. is welcome to contribute.
the e-post address is warnser . 5000 (the at sign) blogger . com (no spaces)
Emails will be queued and added in a timely sort of way.


4) I have not fixed the blog yet, so it still has a lot of refernces to the older and somewhat more confusing name/ description.



5) New bed.
Also not new.
well some of it is.
I hate my bed.
...but I just got one of those fancy-schmancy visco-elastic (memory foam) toppers. ($60) and I'm not kidding, it changed my life!
Ok maybe it's too soon to tell, but after one night my 1.5 inches of cloud like substance is really really comfy. and now I can sleep in my bed and actually not hate it.
anyway, I like it.

well that's five,
and that's about all I have ttfn
W



1 comment:

julie said...

I'm glad your extreme croquet game was fun - it sounds fun! I wish I could've played. Maybe next time I won't come down with a cold! Stupid cold. :)