Monday, April 12, 2010

Q of the..._______ 2

I read this in a political column the other day, and I thought it was profound... both for politics, and for all of us.

"Many in this world are afraid and angry with one another. While we understand these feelings, we need to be civil in our discourse and respectful in our interactions. This is especially true when we disagree. The Savior taught us to love even our enemies.13 Yet there are some who feel that venting their personal anger or deeply held opinions is more important than conducting themselves as Jesus Christ lived and taught. I invite each one of us individually to recognize that how we disagree is a real measure of who we are and whether we truly follow the Savior. It is appropriate to disagree, but it is not appropriate to be disagreeable. Violence and vandalism are not the answer to our disagreements. If we show love and respect even in adverse circumstances, we become more like Christ."

Quentin L. Cook

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Doug,
Thanks for the great quote by Elder Cook! I just happen to need to be reminded of that at this very time! I'm glad :) I found your blog from Sarah's.
Sarah's Mom