Tuesday, January 17, 2006

In case of Emergency SCREAM!

it's kind of frustrating, I have to admit,
I knew this was going to happen,
so I couldn't get too mad,
but I wanted to,

So I drive this old used Lincoln.
It's not forever old,
and it has some really cool features,
but it has one feature that I just can't stand,

The dealership.

they're pretty much incompitent.
seriously. I have yet to be impressed.
and I'm not even asking for really tough stuff.

The second thing that I don't like about my car
is the drivers side door,
more specifically the handle
or even more specifically the lack thereof.

yeah it broke off a couple of weeks ago,
and that didn't really bother me,
but it doesn't work too well on a date.

and then the strangest thing happened,
it got really cold!
I know, I know, it's winter,
but where I live that doesn't usually matter.
or rather that doesn't really mean anything.

especially this year,
it's been so warm.
but I digress.

SO I called the dealership,
I told them my handle broke off,
I told them what type of car I drive,
and I made an appointment for it to get fixed.

sounds good, right

Now this is one time that I really wanted to be wrong,
really I did.
If you know me it's true, (and even if you don't)
I totally wanted to be wrong.

but somehow I knew that my door would not be fixed
in an extremely efficient manner.

When I got there (at an hour when no one should be awake)
they tried to figure out what they were doing,
but after about an hour, maybe less,
they told me to go somewhere else,
(their body shop) and order a part.

now I have to go back in a few days.


In the dealerships defense the body shop guy was pretty nice,

but the service department?
I think their is a law about false advertisement,
and I've never seen anything like service there,
I would call them mechanics, but I'm not sure about that either,

So I will call them guys with shmocks,
and wrenchs,

and that they do well.
well, more or less.


by the way if you still haven't signed my guest book please take a moment and do that now,
it's at the end of the message before the last one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... it sounds like your car dealership is run by the same person who manages my apartment.

Cardine said...

This all sounds very frustrating. I'm sorry. It is pretty bad when you go to people who are supposed to know and then they don't.

warnser said...

Wow lucky you, at least I have a choice... kind of.

Yes you would think that official means competent, even in a teeny tiny town, but that is not always the case.

julie said...

I have had mixed experiences with mechanics. My last one wasn't necessarily positive - because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car - but it wasn't bad either - because they didn't make me pay any money for all the things they did trying to find what was wrong with my car. In my mechanic's defense, they took my car to the dealership mechanics and they couldn't find out what was wrong, either. Cars. I wish I lived in a big enough city to have decent public transportation. I'd ditch my car asap!

warnser said...

Julie I like the sound of your mechanics, you'll have to let me know who that is.