Friday, August 15, 2008

Book-club recommendation

As most of you probably know I accidentally joined a book-club.

I'm actually starting to like it.
But I still don't have "privileges"
(i.e., I can't add my recommendations to the website)

So I'm putting them here.
I think we should read Up from slavery
By Booker T. Washington

I just listened to some of it,
and I think it would be really good for people to read.
I like it enough that I may purchase it (and that's saying something).

My other suggestion is a book that has apparently been cycling through my family:

The Invention of Hugo Cabret. by David Brian Selznick
When we feel like something more recreational.

Two completely different kinds of books,
but two that would definitely be right up the book club alley

Seriously.
ttfn

W




4 comments:

Cardine said...

Dude. I'll just add you to the book club blog.

warnser said...

Thanks,
That works too.
Ü

julie said...

How does one "accidentally" join a book club???

Just so it doesn't happen to me. :)

warnser said...

I just kind of showed up, you know to see what it was about, and voila, I was inducted.