Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ignorance and Arrogance

It's funny the thing people say. Ok sometimes it's funny.
But this time it just bugged me.

I'm trying not to say mean things,
but seriously... We were talking about the three R's and how important they are, and this kid says
Oh yeah "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" It was a valiant effort, but he was wrong.
I let him know that we were talking about the other three R's
the original 3

Reading, wRiting, and aRithmatic.
Now I could see his point when he said they didn't all start with 'R.'
and how stupid that was,
but when he told me that his people didn't need these things I was um livid.
Of all the things that a person could be arrogant about, the last thing I expect
it to be is ignorance. It was almost like a badge he wore.
I'm too good for that.
Who needs those 'common' things anyway.

I know that there are a lot of things that I don't know,
but for the most part that's not something I'm proud of,
it's something to fix.

But then what do I know.

3 comments:

julie said...

I've always thought the three R's was funny, too, but I can't believe this guy said "his people" don't need them. What does that mean? Huh.

I agree, arrogance about being ignorant seems a little backwards.

mormonhermitmom said...

I agree we need the original three Rs. However, I thought an ignorant person made up the whole three Rs bit because they couldn't spell. Maybe the three Rs demonstrates the necessity of eduction to avoid such glaring mistakes.

tearese said...

I was reading someones blog profile, and on the section that said, "Books", they had put, "yeah right, when I start reading books I'll let you know!"
My opinion of them went down quite a bit after reading that.